Right of return for consumers
(A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to his commercial nor to his independent professional activity).
Right of return
You have the right to return the goods ordered by you within fourteen days without giving any reason.
The return period is fourteen days from the day,
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the goods, if you have ordered one or more goods as part of a single order and the goods are delivered as part of a single delivery;
- on the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the last goods, if you have ordered several goods under a single order and they are delivered separately;
- on the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the last partial consignment or the last piece, if you have ordered goods that are delivered in several partial consignments or pieces;
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the first goods, if the goods are delivered on the basis of an order for regular delivery over a certain period of time.
To make your right of return, you must contact me (Studio Amber, Carol Charlier, Sonnenstr. 5, 53579 Erpel, Germany, phone number: +49 151 68161730, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by mail, fax or e-mail) about your decision to return an item.
To meet the return deadline, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of return before the expiry of the return period.
Consequences of the return
If you return the goods you have ordered, we must refund all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of the return. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used in the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged any fees because of this repayment.
We may refuse repayment until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to us immediately and in any case no later than within fourteen days from the day on which you notify us of the return of the goods. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the expiry of the period of fourteen days.
You shall bear the direct costs of returning goods that can be sent by parcel post as well as the direct costs of returning goods that cannot be sent by parcel post. The costs for goods that cannot be sent by parcel post are estimated at a maximum of approx. 200 EUR.
You will only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to handling of the goods that is not necessary for testing the condition, properties and functioning of the goods.
Reasons for exclusion or expiry
The right of return does not apply to contracts
- for the delivery of goods that are not prefabricated and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of return expires prematurely in the case of contracts
- for the delivery of sealed goods which are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene if their seal has been removed after delivery;
- for the delivery of goods if they have been inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery due to their nature
- for the delivery of audio or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package, if the seal has been removed after delivery.